Pages

Friday, July 21, 2017

Melbourne - Australia - Day 2

This is my second day in Melbourne. I will tell you my report what happened today! Today was a cool 😎 day!! As I told you yesterday!! Have a read at my report of what I have done.

I woke up at 7:00 A.M. I had Weet-Bix for breakfast. Then I had a shower.

At 9:55 A.M we went to Phillip Island. We went past the countryside, it looked like our countryside in New Zealand. But the only 2 things that are different is that the grass is dry and the second, there are less animals at the farm than our New Zealand farms. On the way we stopped to fill patrol. I was excited to go to Phillip Island. When I went out of the car I felt the cool breeze. Then my dad and my dad's friend came to the car with a coffee and hot chocolate. At Anderson Link Road there was thick fog 🌁 in the sky and we couldn't see what is ahead of us.

At 11:15 A.M we arrive at Phillip Island. We went to the information centre. They said some tourist attractions like, the Chocolate Factory, A Maze 'N Things, Koala Conservation Centre, the Nobbies Centre, and Penguin Parade.

The Sea
At 11:52 A.M we arrived Nobbies Centre. We first went to the walkway. I saw a mountain with an awesome view. We took heaps of pictures. It was a long walk. There are only one specie of Snake in Phillip Island called Copperhead Snake. Copperhead Snake's are shy so we can't see them. After looking at the view we went to the visitor centre. Also we were hungry so we eat some chips and spinach feta cheese rolls. It was yum! At 1:24 P.M we leave Nobbies Centre. Now the next destination is Phillip Island Wildlife Park. We canceled the plan for the Koala Conservation Centre because the Wildlife Park was more near than Koala Conservation Centre.

A Koala Sleeping

A Kangaroo mother with its child
At 1:30 P.M we arrive at at Phillip Island Wildlife Park. When we arrived we saw some baby kangaroos. At the reception we got some food for the Kangaroos, Wallabies, Emus and Swans. Before looking at these animals, Kangaroos, Wallabies, Emus and Swans. We looked at Red Necked Pademelon, Echidna, Koalas (we saw 2 koalas 🐨 sleeping up in a tree), Pelican, Wombats, Cockatoo, Dingo, Emu, Cassowary, Goshawk, Little Eagle, King Parrot, Satin Bower-Bird, Black-winged Stilt, Bronzewing Pigeon, Barking Owl, Torres Straits Pigeon, Buff Banded Rail, Australian White Ibis, Tiger Quoll, Tawny Frog mouth, Little Corella, Red-tailed Black cockatoo, Pink cockatoo, Black-breasted buzzard, Masked OwlKookaburra, Red Kangaroos (Original Kangaroos from the Australian Desert). The next place that was to fed the Kangaroos! I was super excited. When the Kangaroos came to me and ate, my palm was tiggly. I had feed heaps of Kangaroos. At last I had a chance to feed a baby Kangaroo! He or she was so cute. I also fed a swan. Then we went where we can feed Red Kangaroos and Emus (Emus could be cheeky so we have to be careful). I saw 2 Emus chasing each other like they are playing tag. I fed only one Red Kangaroo because there wasn't much time left. Then we looked at Bats hanging down. There was heaps of Bats hanging down, mostly near the light. The last and final animal, Snakes and Lizards. We went back to the reception centre to wash our hands (because the Kangaroos ate and a bit licked our palms) and go out. After we brought some Ice-Cream.

The last and final destination is the Chocolate Factory! At 3:15 P.M we left Phillip Island Wildlife Park. It is estimated that at 3:22 P.M we will reach at Chocolate Factory. When we went inside the Factory and saw the prize, it was expensive so we couldn't go inside. So we looked at the cafe and some other places. We went to the cafe and bought some food. I eat some Salad Sandwich.

At 4:00 P.M we left the Chocolate Factory and went back home. It was estimated that it will take 54 minutes to reach home that means at 4:54 P.M we will reach home.

Exactly at 4:54 P.M we arrived back home. We had a coooool 😎 day!!!!!!! Bye!!