Pages

Sunday, June 7, 2020

What information is okay to share online? | Wānanga & Cybersmart

Private and Personal Information - YouTube
Private and Personal Information
Credit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjPpG2e71Ec

Welcome to another post on my blog. In today's post, I am sharing my work for cybersmart that I had done today. This is the first lesson of cybersmart of the year, and the main topic is 'Smart Footprint', it is about 'Who Are You?'

The aim of this blog post is to teach others some information via some questions, here we go.


Why People Share?

To let other people know about us and/or what we are doing.


How to Turn Private Information Into Personal Information

Before explaining, let me tell you what is 'Private Information' and what is 'Personal Information'.


Private Information

Private information is about you that can be used to identify you because it's unique to you, like your full name, date of birth or address.


Personal Information

It's information about you that cannot be used to identify you because it is also true for many other people, like the city you live in or your hair colour.



Now, we know what is 'Private Information' and 'Personal Information', let's know how to turn private information into personal information in sentences.

Private InformationPersonal Information 
 My name is John Smith  My name is John.
 My birthday is on the 30th of May 1998 My birthday is at the end of May. I was born in the '90s. 
 I live at 600 Waterloo Road, Christchurch I live in Christchurch.
 I am going to Orana Park on Saturday at 2pm. I am going to Orana Park.


By now, you must know what is 'Private Information' and 'Personal Information', what is the difference between both of them and how to turn information to personal information. I hope you like my post. Have a nice day!! Bye!!