Pages

Wednesday, February 19, 2020

Learning Reflection | Health

Welcome to another post on my blog. In today's post, I am going to share my learning reflection so far on health. A week ago (10 Feb), we started health.

For health, we (our class) are learning Wellbeing or Hauora in Maori. Firstly, we learnt, what is Hauora mean? Also, it's four areas. 'All areas need to be “well” or “working” to be 100% healthy'.

The four areas are if you don't know,


  • Physical - Taha Tinana
  • Social - Taha Whanau
  • Mental/Emotional - Taha Hinengaro
  • Te Whare Tapa Wha
  • Spiritual - Taha Wairua


Next, we did the Hauora Mix & Match cards, where we had to highlight the four wellbeing areas into different colours, then, matched them into the four wellbeing areas. 

After doing that activity, we had wrote (as a class) about, 'What is Hauora?' After writing lots of words about the four wellbeing areas or the 'Te Whare Tapa Wha'. We had wrote about our current Hauora, which means that how are we (I) showing these four dimensions. Because we hadn't finished the 'Current Hauora' activity, we continued it today. 

In today's lesson, we had completed the 'Current Hauora' activity and wrote some Hauora Interactions that we have. Our health teacher had taught us that our 'Current Hauora' changes every day of what we are feeling. I had written about sleep and food. 


I had to answer some questions, the reason I created this blog post. 


How did you participate during this lesson?

I participated well because I was doing my work and finishing it. I contributed by asking questions. Next time, I will try to work extra harder and finish my work quicker than today. 

What is the current state of your hauora?


My wellbeing is well because I am showing all of the dimensions of Hauora. The wellbeing that I need to work more on is Physical Wellbeing, I need to do more physical activity like sport. I could do this by doing physical activity when I am free.


I hope you like my post on my blog. Have a cool day!! Bye!!