Pages

Thursday, January 18, 2018

We Just Landed! - Gold Coast - Day 1!

Today morning I posted that I am going to Gold Coast. I was really excited to go there. In the weather of Gold Coast, it is average of 29 and 30 degrees celsius. It is really hot than the average in Christchurch.

We were ready to go to Gold Coast and my dad's friend dropped us to the airport. After doing the checking for the bags and passports we sat by our gate. The flight was going to departure at 4:05pm but there was a delay for 10 minutes. We sat there and waited for the announcement to come. After the announcement we waited in a huge line, but we were in the middle of the line so that was good. We were going on Air New Zealand. Our seat was at the back to we had to wait a lot. When we were passing by other people's seats we could see headphones with a screen. I thought "I think that they paid for the screen to work." But really in our seat there were screens too.

At 4:20pm the plane began to move and showed a video about the safety rules like, but on your buckles when the sign says. After the video the plane took off. It would take 3 hours and 30 minutes to reach there, like Melbourne. I wanted to do something because it would feel boring for me. When we were finding our seats we saw the screens and headphones, my dad said you have to pay for the screens to watch or do anything. Also the other people were watching movies and episodes, so I thought that I can spend my time watching 2-3 movies. When we reached to our seat there were the screens and headphones. I tried to watch any movies but you have to pay for the movies, so I couldn't watch any movies. Next I tried to play any games and there were heaps of games to play. First I saw that there was bowling so I played that, but it was hard to play. So I tried to play other games but I couldn't do it. Next I saw a game called 'Home Run'. I repeated playing the game over and over again, my scores were going high because I was hitting home runs. I made my highest score of 11085. I was in 5th place. That time it was 2 hours and 30 minutes.

After 2 hours and 20 minutes there was an announcement that the plane was about to land. I was so excited that we are about to land in Gold Coast. My dad ordered some pringles and tomato juice. The plane was moving quite side to side. We could see the buildings of Gold Coast City. After some minutes the plane reaches the runway and we land on Gold Coast! After the sign of 'putting your buckles on' disappeared heaps of people with me standed up and tried to get our bags. It didn't took time from getting the bags and we were 2nd in the line so we got out of the plane really fast.

As soon as we get inside the airport and we went pass Duty Free and the Australian passenger card. We got our bag and we are out of the airport. After we went out there was the road and people picking up their relatives. I thought "This is the smallest airport that I have been to, we straightaway came in the airport and went out." We waited for 10 minutes and my dad's sister. We went with her to her house. It took half an hour to reach there because the runway is in the border of Queensland and New South Wales. Also the house is in the other side of the city. But it took faster than I expected. Near their house there were snake roads that were going side to side. When I standed up after parking the car I saw huge mangoes, I haven't seen that big in my life. It was a big house.

After few hours...

After dinner we talked and had fun together. At 11:00pm (Australian Standard Time) we went back to our beds and went asleep.

I hope you like my post about the first day in Gold Coast. Have a cool day!! Bye!!