Pages

Saturday, October 31, 2020

5 Leadership Styles

Last week, the year 9's started learning about leadership. We first took an introduction about leadership, what's the purpose of leadership, what are the qualities of a good leader, and some types of leadership. 

After that, we had to find out about our leadership style and how we made decisions by taking a quiz. After taking the quiz, we were given a score out of 90. 
If your score is between,
    18-34    You need to work on your leadership skills.
    35-52    You're doing OK as a leader, but you have potential to do much better.
    53-90    Excellent! You're well on your way to becoming a good leader.

My score was 73, which I'm on my way to become a good leader.
Screenshot of my score - 73


After the quiz, we were given our first task, to identify the five styles of leadership with a definition of what it looks like, in our own words. Each leadership style should have a famous example that relates to the style (they cannot be used more than once). 


What is leadership?

Leadership is the ability to lead an individual, team, or organisation to 'lead', influence or guide other individuals, teams, or organisations. 

I created a Powtoon showing my work. I hope you like it.