Pages

Saturday, December 8, 2018

The Wind Sound of Mars

Yesterday, I had posted about the update of NASA's InSight lander. I had read an article today afternoon and decided to create a post about it. If you haven't seen the post, click on the link and please comment it, I will know your opinions.

Well, today, NASA had posted about when InSight senses Mars' wind. Listen to Mars' wind blow across NASA's InSight lander. InSight's seismometer (information in my last post) and air pressure sensor picked up vibrations from 16-24 kph winds as it blew across Mars' Elysium Planitia on 1 December 2018.

Below is a video from NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory (JPL) about the sounds of wind on Mars, which includes a short preview of the sound. If you want to hear the sound of Mars' wind, click on this link, the clip is only 20 seconds long. If you want to download the clip, use the shortcut key, 'Ctrl + S' and your clip is downloaded.



I hope you like my post about the Wind Sound of Mars. Have a cool day!! Bye!!