Pages

Thursday, December 7, 2017

Climbing and Ice Skating!

Today was a exciting day for us because it was our first day of EOTC Week (Education Outside the Classroom). I was waiting for this day to come. We have some new activities this year to last year. So our first activity was Clip 'n Climb. There was Room 3, Room 10 and our class going.

Image result for clip n climb
Clip 'n Climb
It all started at 9:00am when we were going in the bus to Clip 'n Climb. We had to wear mufti clothes for the day. We arrived at Clip 'n Climb at 9:30am. We split into 2 groups. Room 3 and Room 10 were in 1 group and our group was in the other group. Room 3 and 10 went first. We had a half and hour session group. My friends and I were bored and we wanted to do something. I had a ball inside my bag (for some reason) and we played handball. It was really fun playing handball. As we were playing we saw some empty space and we played over there, when we went there, there was more people playing handball. It was really fun and funny. It didn't took long when it was half and hour when Room 3 and 10 had finished their time having fun. Now it was our turn to go and have fun. The instructor called us to the bottom floor where we had to get our harness and have fun there. First we listened to the instructors how to lock and unlock the clips. It was a really awesome time at Clip 'n Climb. I am also excited for Ice Skating afterwards.

At 10:10am we reached at Alpine Ice. It was my first time going to ice skate. I also was nervous. We were in a huge line getting the 'School Tickets'. We got the tickets to get our ice skates. The teachers decided to ice skate first and then have our lunch. We went to the side and sat down on a wooden step to sit on. We put our bags down and sat until we were asked to go to get our ice skates. The teacher called out by years. It didn't took long when our year name was called out. We went to the ice skate hire and gave the ticket to the person. They gave me the ice skates and had a try of them. It was so weird to walk. I went to the gate and tried to skate, it was much harder than I thought. I stayed at the edge about 2 laps around the circle. On the 2nd lap I was out of balance and I fell down. It was quite in pain. On my 3rd lap I tried to go without touching the edge. After trying it out I went much faster than usual. I mostly didn't touch the edge on my 7th lap, I was proud of that. But one of the bad things happened today was I fell down 4 times. My back was all wet. We skated from 10:30 am - 2:30 pm, that is about 4 hours we skated. I wasn't that tired by doing Clip 'n Climb and Ice Skating. At 2:30 pm we got our bags and went on the bus to go back to school. It was a good first day of EOTC Week. Tomorrow we are doing Surfing at Sumner. I hope you like my post about the first day of EOTC Week. Have a cool 😎 day!! Bye!!