Pages

Monday, December 11, 2017

Let's Jump and Swim!

Today was Trekkers Big Day Out. The activities for today was to go to Mega Air and Jellie Park. It was out first time at Jellie Park for EOTC Week. It was really fun there. Last year for Trekkers Big Day Out we went to Mega Air and we did Top Team in out school field. The weather for today was hot, it went to 30.1 degrees celsius in Jellie Park.

9:10am
We had been to 2 groups. I was in the 1st group. So group 1 went to Mega Air first. When we reached at Mega Air and we were allowed to go, I straightaway went near the Alps (not the real Alps at Europe). It was fun jumping up to the boxes. After sometime I went to the Air Bag. It had been few months since I had been on the Air Bag. I decided to play dodgeball after jumping off the Air Bag. We went back to the Alps and tried to jump to the top. It was really fun jumping up and down the boxes. I was so hot that I had to sit near the cold fan. It was so nice and refreshing. I went to play dodgeball again. It was a bit fun than last time because, I met Axle in a team, so I joined that team. We hit heaps of people. It was really fun. After dodgeball I wanted to play Basketball, because I haven't played it for a long time. I went to Basketball and again saw Axle and Vann. I said to have a competition against each other. I was in Axle's team also. Vann had the smaller size, so it was easier for him. On the first go it was my turn. I shot it up and it went above the board and it landed on the net behind the hoops. I climbed up and got the ball and passed it to Axle. He had some shots and he got 2 in the hoop. After those shots he gave me the ball. I had 1 or 2 misses and I had 3 shots in a row. When I was looking at a game of Dodgeball I saw the other group looking at a video of the rules of Mega Air. The teacher called us to a space where we met. We got out shoes and lined up. We walked back to class and had our morning tea.

Next the teacher said that we are watching a movie until the other group have came back. They were watching 'Arthur's Christmas'. I was bored because we had seen this movie. I went to the other class to have a see and I saw Axle getting one of the games to play. Axle was finding the game 'Uno'. I was really good to play Uno but actually Axle was better than me. But we still had a game of Uno. It was really fun. After the round Vann and Lyan joined the game also. It was a interesting game. But at the end I won. When we finished the round it was time to go on the bus to Jellie Park. We went to the bus and went to Jellie Park.

When we arrived at Jellie Park we went in a huge line and got our tags for the hydroslide. I thought that we are going from the front entrance. But when we moved we went behind the building and went where the gate was open for us. We went behind the trees and went to a place where we could put our bags and place the gazebos. The teacher said to get changed. My friends said to go to the hydroslide first. I was really excited for the hydroslide. There was a huge line when we were waiting to go on the hydroslide. It took a long time to reach at the top. We decided to go to the snakey (one of the side to side slides, that's what we called it). When we reached at the top and decided that I would go first and then my friends will go. It was really fun and entertaining when I went, it reminded me of a slide in Hanmer Springs. I was going quite slow than I expected. I didn't even recognized but my friend bumped into me. I went much faster. We went to the hydroslide again and again. On our 7th time we went to the other slide that goes straight and fast. My friend and I had a race together. I pushed the side of the slide to go faster. When I was going to finish the water started coming up to me because I was going too fast. I landed on time when I thought that I won. I did a flip by accident. But my friend said that he won. We didn't know who won or not. We went again and again when my friend said that "let's do something else". I said to go to the huge hydroslide. But he took me to a 1.5m pool. He said that the pool was a bit warm. I went in the pool and said to have a running race. It took like 7 minutes to reach the end, it took a long time. The race was edge to edge race. But I went faster and won. My friend said to race back to the starting, my thigh was hurting because of the running. But I said to do a random swimming race. I tried to do some strokes but it didn't work. But after I thought to do dolphin dives to go further. I tried to do it and I went further than usual. But my friend was catching up to me. He was far away and I won. My friend said to go back to the hydroslide. The line was going faster than usual. But when we went to the middle we went slowly. But we finaly reached to the top and met our friends. Now this time I was last and my other friends would go ahead of me, we holded our friends shoulders and went off. After we had finished our 8th go we saw some people having their lunch. The teachers said to change and eat your lunch. We changed and ate our lunch. After eating our lunch the teachers seperated the people who were in the 1st bus and 2nd bus. We lined up and went to the bus. Last time we were in the 2nd bus and we changed to the 1st bus. We went back to school. It was a great time at Mega Air and Jellie Park. I hope you like my post about the Trekkers Day Out. Tomorrow we are going to do Sailing. Have a cool day!! Bye!!