Pages

Wednesday, November 29, 2017

At the Olympics!

Yesterday was Olympics Day, I mean it was Athletics Day. We had to do various activities. There was Sprints, Shot Put, Long Distance, High Jump, Discus and Long Jump. The whole school had to do Athletics. It all started at 10:30am when we had to go to the field to do Sprints. We were all energized to do Sprints. We lined up from age groups. Our group went last because we were the oldest in the school. It took a really long time to get us racing. But at last we got racing. There were about 12 children racing in our group. We split it in half. In the first group there was Axle, Jullien, Joshua and others. They were all of the fast runners so I went to the next group. There was Lasa, Zayd, others and I. It said "On your marks, get set, go." We sprinted fast as we could. I came 3rd place, so I am in the finals of our group. There was, Axle, Joshua, Sam, and 2 more. I was quite tired with the energy that I used. I came last place. It was Axle who won the race. He was the 2nd fastest boy in the school. After the Sprints ended we had our morning tea, and then we played in the court. We didn't had much time to play.

After Lunch...

We sat in our age groups in the court. Our group was lucky because we had to rest for the session. We played hand games like chopsticks and ketchup slaps. But it didn't took long to go to the next station. It was, Shot Put. We had done athletics practice last Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday. The ball was heavy when I first time picked up the shot put ball on Friday. It was hard to throw the ball. I didn't got selected in the Shot Put Finals.

Next we went to the next station, Long Distance. We had to run the edge of the field. We had to do 4 laps of the field. The teacher put dots on our hand when we finish a lap so the teacher knows which lap are you on. But I came 5th place in Long Distance. Next stop, High Jump. I didn't participate in High Jump. Then, Discus. At practice it was really fun to do Discus. So it was my first go at Discus. I threw the Discus and landed safe, but my foot stepped over the line. But I came to the Discus Finals. The bell rung there wasn't enough time left in the finals, so the teacher said to do it the next day (today). Next stop and last stop, Long Jump. I thought that I was going to do well in Long Jump.  I could get 1st, 2nd or 3rd.  It was my turn to jump as far as I could. I ran to the mat, jumped and landed. The teacher measured my jump and wrote how far I jumped. I jumped 2.3 meters. At the end, the teacher said "...2.65 meters", Lasa and one other person landed on 2.65 meters and came first place. "...2.3 meters" I putted my hand up and came 2nd place. I was really proud of my self for trying my best and came 2nd. So that's how the day of Athletics went. We had a awesome day. I hope you like my post about Athletics day. Have a cool 😎 day!! Ciao!!