Pages

Wednesday, May 27, 2020

The Present

The Present - OFFICIAL
Credit: https://thevideosuite.com/the-present-official/
Welcome to another post on my blog. In today's post, I am sharing the activity that I've finished in Wānanga yesterday. As a class, we watched the video, 'The Present'. The video informs us that we need to be resilient and create connections. The body acknowledges that the dog is not kept back by his missing paw. The dog is playful, resilient and happy.




We were given a few questions to answer after watching the video, such as;


How would you describe the boy at the start of the video?


  • Angry
  • Gamer



What did he think of his present?


  • Happy at the start
  • Angry after seeing that the dog doesn't have a paw


Why didn't he like him?


  • Because of his paw


Why do you think he didn't want to play with him?


  • He was interested in his game


Why did the mum choose this dog for her son?


  • Because he doesn't have a leg, so she picked a dog which doesn't have a paw.



How do you think the boy feels about himself?


  • Bad because he is not the only one without a leg.



What message do you think the story is trying to teach us?


  • To be happy what you're given
  • Never give up - Dog



After that, we had to write a diary from the boy. I hope you like it.




One really hot afternoon I decided to play Xbox 360 when my Mum was at work. I closed the blinds because it was too hot. I had a selection of games on the TV cupboard.

When Mum arrived from work she had a box in her hand. Then Mum put the box in front of me.

“What was inside the box? Was it a new console, a comic? or something else?” I thought.

I was still playing on my Xbox 360, then my Mum had a phone call. My Mum said before answering the phone call “I’ve got a present for you. Open it.” I decided to open the box to see what is inside it?

When I opened the lid of the box a dog barked at me. It had bright yellow skin with a black nose and brown eyes.

I called out “Wow!! Awesome!!” The best present ever!!”

When I picked up the dog I saw that he had a half left leg. I dropped the dog on the ground.

The dog sat up and came to me, I kicked the dog and said: “Get lost!”

When the dog was looking upside down he saw a red softy ball under the table. The dog ran and smacked the cupboard door on his head (crash)! After getting the ball he ran to me with the red ball. I kicked the ball and hit the box that the dog came in and still carried on with my game. The dog ran but fell down on the ground because of his left arm the dog sat up and ran but fell again. He jumped and trapped himself in the box. He tried to find the ball but he couldn’t find the ball instead he smacked the TV cupboard. After getting out of the box the dog couldn’t find the red ball in the box. I laughed. Then I remembered that I had to concentrate on the game. I couldn’t concentrate because the dog was barking and running to get the red ball. When the dog noticed me watching him the dog ran the ball to me with the red ball in his mouth. But fell down, after falling down the dog tried to balance himself to not fall down. The dog dropped the ball in front of me.

“Maybe it’s awesome with a friend that has got half a leg like me?” I thought.

I took the ball, got the crutches and put the ball in my pocket.

“Mum we’ll be outside,” I said to my mum.

We played fetch out in the front yard the whole afternoon.


I hope you like my post about 'The Present'. Have a nice day!! Bye!!!