Pages

Thursday, March 19, 2020

SEXXXY Paragraphs | English

Welcome to another post on my blog. In today's post, I am going to share my task that I'd finished in English. As you know, I'm doing a film study in English of Wonder. I have to write two SEXXXY Paragraphs and post it on my blog. First, we had to choose two screenshots to write two SEXXXY paragraph on.

Our learning outcome was to construct a written response to a visual text.
Success Criteria: I can

  • Construct a paragraph using the SEXXXY structure. 
  • Explain how aspects and film techniques are used in a visual text. 
  • Use examples from the text to support my thinking.


1:30:00
In this scene, long shots, medium shots, over the shoulder and low angle shots are used appropriately. We can see this when the director used a long shot when Auggie accepted Amos and their friends as his friend. We see this when the director used over the shoulder when Amos and Auggie are talking to the others. This makes the audience feel shocked, confused and surprised because up till this point Amos and his friends used to agree and stay friends with Julian. This was done to show the theme of the importance of friendship and family, because, Amos and his friends be friends with Auggie. This worked well with long shots to show the emotions of all of the characters surviving from the seventh graders. This reminds the viewer of a moment later in the film when it was graduation day and Auggie was named in the service award. All students in Auggie's class supported him when his name was announced. After that incident in the woods, Auggie had been accepted in class.



In this scene, long shots are used adequately. We can see this when the director used a long shot when Auggie and Jack Will were playing with the lightsaber. This makes the audience feel happy and joyful. Because up till this point Jack hadn't played and been at Auggie's house. The director did this to show that Auggie and Jack Will are good friends. Coinciding with the shot was euphoric music in loud key, making the scene even happier. This technique can be juxtaposed with Summer deciding to sit with Auggie instead of the popular girls who were talking behind Auggie's back.


Reflection:

What am I learning?

I am learning to write SEXXXY paragraphs.

How does this work show my learning?

This work shows my learning by writing two SEXXXY paragraphs.

What am I wondering as a result of this learning?

I am wondering how much SEXXY paragraphs do I have to write?


I hope you like my post. Have a nice day!! Bye!!