Pages

Friday, October 12, 2018

Where are Earth's Volcanoes?

For the last few posts, I've been posting about Volcanoes. If you haven't seen my two posts about Volcanoes, The Ring of Fire and Volcanoes!! 🌋, then check it out!! There are about 1,500 active volcanoes in the world. Many of the volcanoes are in the Ring of Fire. There are 452 volcanoes in the Ring of Fire. That is 75% of Earth's volcanoes. Below is a map of volcanoes on Earth. As you see most of the volcanoes are around the Ring of Fire. If you know any volcanoes that aren't on the map, then please comment down below what volcano it is. If I find any volcano then I will update it. I hope you like my post about Earth's Volcanoes!! Comment down below if you've learnt something new. Have a cool day!! Bye!!

Cool Facts:
  • There are 76 volcanoes on Indonesia, this makes the country with the most volcanoes.
  • The word 'Volcano' comes from the Volcano name 'Vulcan' the Roman God of Fire.




What Have I've Learnt?


  • There are volcanoes on Northern Africa and Central Africa.
  • There are volcanoes on Iceland.
  • There are volcanoes on small islands. 
  • Alaska has heaps of volcanoes on the Aleutian Islands.
  • Tamu Massif is a volcano underground/under the sea.
  • The word 'Volcano' comes from the Volcano name 'Vulcan' the Roman God of Fire.