Pages

Friday, October 27, 2017

The End of Swimming Lessons

Today is our last day of our Canterbury Swim School lessons. I was a bit unhappy, but it was really fun swimming 🏊. Like every year, we have water safety at the last day of our swimming lessons. If you haven't seen my last post about the first day of Swimming lessons at Canterbury Swim School, click here. Now let's talk about my new goals that I have made, I didn't make goals when I posted my first swim, but today I am going to make new goals that I think that I will achieve. Yesterday our group tried to practice our jumps from the diving board. I took this goal because I was nervous when I was jumping down the diving board.

When we reached at Canterbury Swim School for our last lessons we had to bring our old cloths. We sat down on the bench and listened to the instructors. We  They first said to float on our backs. When we went into the pool it felt heavy because we wore our t-shirt, pants and swimming shorts. After doing that we tried to put our hands up while doing that (it was quite hard). We sank into the water. Also it was really fun doing that. Next we tried to float while not standing. We had to paddle like a bicycle and push gently, front and back. The instructor said to do it for 30 seconds. It was hard in 30 seconds. We had heaps of tries but it was hard to do it. Afterwards we switched groups and went on the other side. Now we had to pull our partner out of the pool. I was partnered with Josef. I was the person in the pool. They said to sit with your one foot up and one foot kneeling down. Josef pulled me up easily because he was strong. After my turn he pulled the foam noodle so tight that it made me let go. I was still on my goal to jump down the diving board. But it was the time to go back on the bus. The instructor said "Good Bye". To all of us. It was a really good time swimming at Canterbury Swim School. At Monday we will be swimming in our school pool. I hope you like my reflection about the last day swimming at Canterbury Swim School. Also hope you like my post. Have a cool 😎 day and week. Bye!!
Me practicing on the Diving Board

Our Group in the Big Pool - Listening to instructor

Our Group in the Big Pool - Listening to instructor
Swimming in the Big Pool