Pages

Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Mascots at War

This term for reading we are learning about ANZAC Day. We had to choose one of the main ideas from, History about ANZAC Day, Men Only??, Mascots at War, Māori Battalion, Chunuk Bair and Life in the Trenches. I chose 'Mascots at War'. We had to have a big question and find out information about it. Our first site we looked at was http://www.bbc.co.uk. After we had to read a story named First World War Mascots. Afterwards we had to make a slideshow for my DLO. We collected enough information for the slideshow. My Next Step is to be focused more and getting my work faster. I hope you like my presentation about Mascots at War. Have a cool 😎 day!! Bye!!

W.A.L.T:

Questioning
I am learning to ask questions before, during and after reading.

Summarising
I am learning to summarise and retell the main ideas and important information from what I have read in my own words.

Synthesising
I am learning to put new ideas from the text with my prior knowledge or other text to develop new ideas and understandings.

Evaluating
I am learning to think carefully about what I am reading and how I use the text.

Information Literacy
I am learning to read and find the appropriate information I am searching for.