Pages

Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Trip to Spencer Park

W.A.L.T Write an information report that informs the audience.


Success Criteria
I know I will be successful when….
  • I use an opening statement that explains the subject of the report.

  • The opening statement is followed by sentences that describe the event; what you saw, what you did, how you felt, what you learnt.
  • Each paragraph focuses on a different aspect of the topic; travelling, the beach, the lagoon walk, playground.
  • A general statement about the topic usually rounds off the report.

Trip to Spencer Park


Last week (on Friday) Ako Ngatahi and some of the other classes from Hornby Primary School travelled to Spencer Park to have a learning and fun day. It was a bright and sunny day. We were put in groups before going to Spencer Park. I was in group 4 H.


On the bus I sat with Axle and Vann. In the bus Axle, Vann and I laughed, talked and told some jokes. Axle showed Vann and I the temperature, it was 22°C. In the bus when I was sleeping Vann and Axle made a prank on me, Axle said if I sleep Vann will draw a figure on my cheek. When I slept a bit Vann drew a mini figure on my cheek. But it was really Axle.


When we finally reached Spencer Park we went to our groups. Our group and one other group went to the playground for 10 minutes. Vann and Jullien were in my group. Most of the playground was filled with South Hornby School.


After 10 minutes it was our turn to go to the beach. We went to a new/shorter way to go to the beach. When we reached at the beach we didn’t saw lots of shells.


The teachers for our group, Whea Heather and Mrs Scott chose a spot to put our bags down. We opened our plastic bags from our bag and wrote our name. After the teachers told us the instructions we set out to find a driftwood and 10 other sea treasures. When I set out to find the sea treasures I found 3 sea shells and a driftwood. While looking for some sea treasures some of the people found a Blue Bottle Jellyfish. We learnt not to touch the Blue Bottle Jellyfish because it can sting you. After looking at the sea treasures we had Morning Tea. Some people finished Morning Tea earlier so we had to play at the sand near the sea. Some people made sandcastles, caves and other things.


We walked back to the playground. Our next destination was the Brooklands Lagoon Walk. It was my first time going to the Brooklands Lagoon Walk. We had to walk to a path near Adrenalin Forest. The path was muddy and rocky. We saw a swamp when we arrived at the Brooklands Lagoon Walk. As well we saw some birds at the swamp with long legs (because the birds can’t sink) and heaps cobwebs. We saw a Bird Lookout nearby. So we went there to have a look at the birds at the swamp. The teachers decided to take a photo after seeing the birds at the bird lookout. When I reached at the top of the bird lookout I could see the whole swamp, it was really long. I waved at the teachers and said ”Hi!” Then after some seconds later… The bird lookout was full with people! I didn’t want to get out of the bird lookout. Next I saw a list of birds by the side. It was the time to go back to the playground. But before that the teachers took some photos of as in a group. While going back to the playground, Whea Heather took a photo of a cobweb.


We reached the playground and had lunch. Mr Scott said if you’ve finished your lunch you can play on the playground. I finished my lunch early and played on the playground again. After 45 minutes we had to go back to school. It was a really good trip at Spencer Park. Mostly the swamp because I had to learn some new birds. At the beach I learnt not to touch the Blue Bottle Jellyfish because it will sting you.

Anyway we had to sit in our class lines near a tree. We went in the bus class by class. I sat in the front of the bus with Mrs Millard. We went happily back to school.