Pages

Friday, March 5, 2021

Creative Writing Reflection | English

Welcome to another post on my blog. Today, I completed the last activity for the Creative Writing unit for English which the reflection of this unit. 


Credit: Monash University
https://www.monash.edu/rlo/assignment-samples/medicine-nursing-and-health-sciences/reflective-writing-and-critical-incidents


The task was to:

Reflect on your learning about Creative Writing so far in English. Think back to our learning around Haiku, our discussion about what makes “good” creative writing, etc. What new things have you learned? How have you learned them? What activities in particular did you find enjoyable, interesting, or fun? What specifically was interesting to you, and why?

Haiku Poems


Looking back at the Haiku poems, I had to write four haiku poems which can be from one season or different seasons. I wrote about Summer. It was really fun making the poems.


My favourite poems are;


The ocean is bright

Spectacularly it shines 

And shimmary too 


I love summertime 

The sun on the beach is warm 

The water is cold 

 

Sensory Language


This activity was the one which I liked and learnt the most. Sensory language is a paragraph or scene that connects the five senses without using the words: saw, heard, smelled, tasted, felt. I wrote about the lupin flowers which I saw on the trip from Christchurch to Queenstown. 


Language Features


This was the first activity of the Creative Writing unit. This was also the one which I liked and learnt. In this activity, I had to choose three out of five language features that I had to write about - with their meaning and two examples. The three I wrote about was personification, anaphora and allusion. This was a fun and interesting activity to do.