Pages

Friday, April 13, 2018

A Mountain named Blue Mountains?

For recount I had wrote a time when I had been to Blue Mountains in Sydney (Not on my blog). My Dad and I went to Sydney at 1st of March and we went to Blue Mountains at 4th of March. I had a great day at Blue Mountains read below of my journey with my Dad at Blue Mountains. I hope you like my recount. Have a cool day!! Bye!!

Blue Mountains
It was a Sunday morning in Sydney when we decided to go and look at Blue Mountains, to see the scenic view. We got ready and went in the car. I really like traveling and looking at scenic views. My dad’s friend went with us. He drove the car and he said to go to Oporto. We got a burger each and peri peri sauce chips. I checked on Google Maps where is Blue Mountains and is was 1 hour and 5 minutes to reach Blue Mountains. I am really excited!

This was my fourth and second last day at Sydney. On the way we saw Wet n’ Wild, remember when I went to Wet n’ Wild in Gold Coast. But the trees where covering the site and we were on the motorway. There wasn’t much things to look around but there was more cars than we see in our motorways.

My dad’s friend said that we are going to look at Three Sisters. I was thinking, “Three Sisters?” He said that Three Sisters is a tourist attraction. I was really excited to see the Three Sisters.

After 45 minutes…

“We are nearly there,” my Dad’s friends said. We were going on top of the hills, and there was a sign called ‘Scenic World’. We arrived at Katoomba. Katoomba is a small town outside of Sydney. There was an underground parking for the scenic view. We walked over to the entrance, we went inside and there was the view of the mountains. At the reception they gave a band (with a barcode), a map and said to go on the railway and then go for a walk, there was one way for 30 minutes and 10 minutes. My Dad said to go on the 10 minute walk and go on the railway back.

We scanned the barcode and took a photo of the view with my dad, on the way it said that the Scenic Railway is the steepest railway in the world. We had to wait in a long line. We waited for 5 to 10 minutes when it was our turn to go on the Scenic Railway. When we were waiting we heard people screaming when the Scenic Railway went down. My Dad said that they were being too scared of the ride. We were sitting in the middle of the railway. There wasn’t any seatbelts to wear. The doors of the side automatically closed. The railway slowly went forward, when the railway went steeper it got a bit faster. People screamed when the railway went steeper. The railway goes steep to 52°. We had to hold the bars that were on top. We wanted to take some photos when we go but it was really hard. My Dad took this photo when this railway was about to go down. People screamed and for me it was fun to ride this railway. When we arrived at the bottom we could see the Three Sisters. We took some photos together with the mountains. I went up and looked at the view and there were heaps of mountains in front and around me.


My Dad and I went on the 10 minute walk to the Cableway. We walked and saw the trees. When we were walking there was a old mine that had been closed. “Where here” I said, it didn’t seem like it was a 10 minute walk.

We had arrived at the Scenic Cableway. It wasn’t a long line like the Scenic Railway. When the Cableway came there were more people than we waited in the line. My Dad and I stayed in the front to see the view. There was the three sisters in the view. When we turned around we could see the trees and the nature. The Cableway was slow because people can see the view of the mountains and hills. When the cableway stopped it gave us a tiny swing of the cableway. We went out of the cableway and walked to the Skyway.

The line of the Skyway was similar to the Railway but the Skyway comes every 2 minutes (there is a screen to count how long does it take). After 2 Skyways came and went it was out turn to go on the Skyway. My Dad’s friend said to go in the middle of the Skyway because you can see under the Skyway (the electro-glass cabin floor). When we went in the Skyway we went in the middle of the Skyway. There was a introduction of the Skyway, facts and its view. They also said that you can see the Three Sisters from the view. When the Skyway started we could see under the Skyway. It was amazing. We could see Katoomba Falls, Jamison Valley in the distance and plants and trees under us. There was an announcement that we have reached to the destination, we didn’t got off because we didn’t had time looking on the other side. So we stayed and waited for the people to come, we were still standing in the middle of the Skyway. When we reached back we went in the car and my Dad’s friend said to go to Echo Lookout. There is a great view there.

We reached there in a few minutes. We had a good parking near the lookout. There were dark green mountains. There were tourists looking at the view. It was awesome. We could see the three sisters really closely. I took some pictures of the Three Sisters and the view of the mountains in a pano. It was a great view. This was the best trip so far. In the distance we could see the Skyway. I was thinking “Why is the Skyway far when we could see the Three Sisters closely?” It was quite weird. We went downstairs. There was the Prince Henry Cliff Walk but we didn’t want to do it. We stayed for 10 minutes then we went back in the car to go home.

It was an awesome day at Blue Mountains and Echo Point. My favorite time was when we had to go on the Scenic Railway, done the 10 minute walk, the Skyway and Echo Point, there was a great view.