Pages

Monday, April 8, 2019

Skittles | Home Chemistry

This is my second experiment of the day. This is about Skittles. We had to separate the skittles in a Petrie Dish.

Aim: To separate colours from skittles by using the chromatography.
Start

Materials


Skittles' colour separating
  1. Petrie Dish
  2. Skittles
    1. Green
    2. Yellow
    3. Two Red
    4. Orange
    5. Purple
  3. Water

Process
Result

  1. Get a Petrie Dish.
  2. Get 6 skittles with different colours (Green, Yellow, two Red, Orange and Purple). 
  3. Spread the skittles on the edges of the Petrie Dish.
  4. Put water to the middle of the Petrie Dish.
  5. Watch the Skittles spread apart.
Conclusion


I really enjoyed this experiment because it was fun and enjoying the skittles' colours go away. I learnt that chromatography is a method of material spreading away. I learnt that Skittles can be used in different ways.


I hope you liked my post about Skittles. Comment down below if you've done an experiment like that. Have a cool day!! Bye!!